06 July 2010

What's up Chinatown?

Today, I registered for classes... what an experience that was. I can now say that after two long hours, I am now registered to begin classes after Labor Day. It's exciting, and I picked some cool classes as suggestions. For instance, urban sociology and intro to human rights look delightful. I can't wait to see what I end up with after all is said and done.
Yesterday, I went to Chinatown to visit my old friend, Urban Outfitters, and by accident, I stumbled across the Norman Rockwell exhibit at the American Art Museum. When I was little, I loved Rockwell. I went to the museum twice in Philly when I was only seven years old. So, it was exciting to experience it again at age seventeen! If I weren't careful, I would have missed. It just so happened that I was reading Smithsonian Magazine on the Metro and stumbled across a little blurb about it. All I can say is that it was awesome. All the paintings, sketches, and photographs are from the private collection of Steven Spielberg and George Lucas. What amazing taste they have. It was a lovely exhibit. It just opened on Friday, and while the reviewer in the Washington Post didn't like it, no one should be discouraged as a result of that. After viewing the exhibit, I went to the gift shop and bought myself a little gift: a necklace with the Rockwell painting, "At the Vanity!"
I went to Chinatown again tonight with my family to meet some family friends at our favorite Chinese eatery, Eat First. The food was great as always. All for now. See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment